Buffalo chicken bites
Buffalo chicken bites is a fiery red hot chicken appetizer based on a very popular finger food called buffalo chicken wings which is one of the most loved bar food in USA.
My version of buffalo chicken is a low fat and a little healthy. In this recipe, bite size chicken pieces is mixed with spices, coated in whole wheat flour mixture and baked to golden perfection and finally coated with hot buffalo sauce. According to the authentic recipe of buffalo chicken wing, first the chicken wings are deep fried, then coated in the buffalo sauce. Now buffalo sauce is made with cayenne pepper and vinegar based hot sauce and melted butter. But I have tried to make this recipe a little diet friendly. First of all I have baked my chicken instead of deep frying and my sauce has extra virgin oil instead of butter. It is an easy, healthy and non messy version of buffalo chicken recipe without compromising its flavor.
Buffalo chicken bites is a spicy, tangy and very juicy, all because of its delicious buffalo sauce . The name "Buffalo sauce" comes the city named Buffalo of Newyork state and now a days this sauce is used in all types of food like in sandwiches, burgers or pizza.
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for buffalo chicken bites :-
- 2 chicken breast (about 1 lb)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for spraying
Ingredients for buffalo sauce :-
- 1/3 cup of franks red hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of melted butter or extra virgin olive oil
Method for Buffalo chicken bites :-
- Preheat the oven to 450f and grease the 9*13 baking tray and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces and marinate it with garlic powder ,onion powder , paprika, cayenne pepper and salt for 15 minutes.
- For buffalo sauce, mix well hot sauce and melted butter or oil and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper .
- Now mix the beaten egg to the marinated chicken.
- Coat the chicken pieces into the flour mixture and lay it on the greased baking tray.
- Cook the chicken for 8 minutes on one side then take the tray outside and flip the chicken pieces and again bake for 8 minutes.
- Now turn the heat to 350 F and cook further for 5 minutes.
- Take out the baking tray and put the cooked chicken pieces into the buffalo sauce and toss well.
- Buffalo chicken bites is done.
Serve warm buffalo chicken bites with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing and celery sticks .