Savory egg muffins
Savory egg muffins are protein packed breakfast which is pretty easy to make and very easy to carry. These Mexican style muffin delights include goodness of eggs, black beans, onion, corn and cilantro. But you can add any of your favourite veggies in it. Mushroom, green bell pepper or spinach are best contenders.
The best part of this breakfast muffins is that you can make ahead these cuties and when you are ready just pack them,microwave for few seconds and its ready to eat. Its perfect for any get together or any brunch parties. I like them with my morning cup of java with little fruits on side and i am good to go.
Yield: 12 egg muffins
Ingredients for savory egg muffins:
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 can of black beans (15 oz)
- 3/4 cup of thawed corn
- 1 medium of red onion, chopped finely
- 2 green chillies or 1 jalapeno, chopped finely
- handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil to spray muffin tins
Method for savory egg muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease 12 slot muffin pan well with little bit of oil.
- Drain the black beans and rinse it with cold water. Drain it well.
- In a bowl, mix onions, corn, black beans, chillies, cilantro. Add in salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the black beans mixture into muffin pan uniformly upto 1/3 cup full.
- In another bowl, beat well eggs with milk and required salt and pepper.
- Now pour the egg mixture into the muffins cups . Top it with grated cheese.
- Bake it into pre heated oven for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are set or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool down a bit and savory egg muffins are ready to serve
You can use your choice of herbs if you are not a fan of cilantro.
You can refrigerate these egg muffins for 3-5 days.
You can also freeze these muffins individually in a plastic wrap and when you want to eat just microwave it for a minute or so.