Peach frozen yogurt
Frozen yogurt are one of my favourite dessert in summer days. I love these as it is healthier way to satisfy my sweet tooth plus they are way healthier than other frozen treats. Peach frozen yogurt is a super simpe, super easy and super addictive frozen delight combining peaches, yogurt, agave nectar and cardamom. This dessert is loaded with peachy goodness, definitely more about peaches than yogurt.
There are multiple ways you can make this dessert. You can use ice cream maker or just freeze the peaches and blend them with yogurt. I have ice cream maker in my home and i love the smooth, airy texture it adds, so I always like to use it.
I added cardamom because that is my favourite spice for any dessert but you can use anything you want or just don't add anything. It will still taste good.
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for peach frozen yogurt :-
- 3 medium ripe peaches
- 1/3 cup of peaches, chopped small
- 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt or greek yogurt
- 2-3 Tbsp of agave nectar. ( add more if the peaches are not sweet)
- 2 cardamom, powdered
Method for peach frozen yogurt :-
- Blend every thing in a blender except chopped peaches until smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture till it is cold.
- Add the mixture in an ice cream maker and churn according to the icecream maker's direction.
- After 20 minutes, add chopped peaches and churn again for 5 minutes.
- Peaches frozen yogurt is ready to serve.
- I love soft serve texture but if you like your yogurt icecream frozen then freeze it for an hour or so or until it is frozen.
Add a cup of full fat greek yogurt for more creaminess.
You can use honey or sugar instead of agave.
I added around 2-3 Tbsp of sweetner but you can add desired amount of sweetness as you like.