Whole grain banana and coconut bread
Whole grain banana and coconut bread is a sweet, nutty bread with goodness of whole grain flour, almonds, banana, coconut and dark chocolate. This bread is very moist and healthy and perfect for breakfast or a snack. Coconut and chocolate are pretty well known to go well in each others company. I used extra virgin oilve oil but coconut oil is pretty good contender too. The coarsely ground almonds and coconut give this bread nice grainy texture, plus it bumps up the flavor of the bread. I have made banana bread so many times either with whole wheat and walnut or with white flour and warm spices but this recipe certainly wins for me especially because I love coconut and I love the dense and moist texture of this bread.
I got this idea of adding coconut and chocolate to the banana bread from my colleague "Marian", so special thanks to her.
So next time when you are left with super ripe bananas, go for this bread and I am pretty sure you will gonna make this again.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Ingredients for whole grain banana and coconut bread:-
Dry ingredients :-
- 1 cup of whole grain flour
- 1/2 cut oats flour
- 1/2 cup of coarsely ground almond
- 1/2 cup of milk powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened dry coconut
- 1/4 cup of chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 tsp of salt
Wet Ingredients :-
- 4 medium bananas, super ripe (mashed)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp of flaxseed, 1 Tbsp of coconut and little chocolate for sprinkling
Method for whole grain banana and coconut bread:-
- Preheat Oven to 350 F and grease bundt pan wth oil.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a anothr deep bowl, Beat eggs with oil and agave nectar.
- Then mix in vanilla, water and mashed bananas.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet one little by little. (Donot overmix)
- Sprinkle flaxseed and coconut over the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Let it cool down before slicing
Use gluten free flour to make it gluten free bread.
You can use honey instead of agave nectar.