Yield: 3 servings
Ingredients for teriyaki sauce:-
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of Japanese cooking wine like sake or mirin
- 1.5 Tbsp of finely chopped ginger
- 1.5 Tbsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 4 Tbsp of agave nectar or browin sugar
- 2 tsp of corn starch
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 /2 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp of oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Method for Teriyaki chicken :-
- Slice the chicken into very thin pieces about 1 inch long. Marinate it with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Set it aside for 15 mins.
- In a sauce pan, mix everything listed under "Ingredients for teriyali sauce" well until the corn starch dissolves.
- Turn on the heat and cook over low heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat your spoon.
- Heat a wok and add oil and stir fry chicken pieces in 2 batches or heat a wide pan or griddle pan and ccok chicken pieces until cooked.
- When the chicken is cooked, add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of teriyaki sauce over the chicken and cook further a minute.
- Teriyaki chicken is done.
Serve chicken teriyaki with steamed rice and stir fry veggies.
Add more sugar if you like your sauce more sweet.