Ginger Peanut dressing
Ginger peanut dressing is a tangy, sweet, spicy and nutty salad dressing which is probably my favorite salad dressing and if you have not tasted it yet, then you are missing a tasty delight in your life. Yes, it is that good. Though I can just eat the whole thing by a spoonful but Hey!! it is a salad dessing so I think its a good idea to drizzle this over your green salad or cole slaw.
This dressing is a beautiful blend of heathy and tasty ingredients together. Ginger, peanut butter, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and soy sauce, all comes together to form a perfect pairing for a salad. I added red grapes in the recipe to bring natural sweetness to this recipe, as in that way you can use less sweetner. I first had this dressing in a restaurant called Asian Bistro, where they served this with green salad and I was in love with this dressing. You can find ginger peanut dressing in almost every Thai restaurant. But it is pretty easy to make so why not make a big batch which can easily go for a week .
Yield: 6- 8 servings
Ingredients for ginger peanut dressing :-
- 3 Tbsp of peanut butter
- 2 inch of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about 1.5 Tbsp)
- 1.5 Tbsp of agave nectar or any sweetner
- 8-10 grapes
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp of water or orange juice
Method for ginger peanut dressing:-
- Put peanut butter, ginger, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, grapes, red pepper flakes, agave nectar, salt and process it until smooth.
- Then add desired amount of water about 1-2 Tbsp (according to the consistency you like) and process it again.
- Ginger peanut dressing is ready.
Serve ginger peanut dressing over your favourite greens or slaw cabbage and carrots.
Give it a taste check and add more salt or lemon juice or grapes (if you want more sweetness).
You can store this dressing in a msor jar or any air tight container and it will keep fresh for about a week.