Spring onion/Green onion paratha
Whole wheat flour combined with green onion results in a tasty parathas. It's really easy to make and healthy to eat...............
Yield :- 16-18 parathas
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 bunch of spring/green onion
- 1 tsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of carom seeds/ajwain
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies
- Juice of half lemon
- 2 Tbsp of cilantro
- Oil/ghee for roasting
1. Grind spring onion, cilantro and green chillies in a food processor without any water.
2. In a bowl, mix well flour, carom seeds, oil, lemon juice, turmeric, salt and onion mixture together and knead it into a smooth dough.(Use little water if needed).
3. Let it rest for about 15-30 minutes.
4. Heat a griddle on medium heat. Divide the dough in equal lime size balls and flatten it out in circle or triangles or in any shape you like.
5. Roast the parathas with little oil on both sides until it is nice and brown .
- Serve spring onion parathas with raita or tomato chutney or any chutney you like......