Whole wheat pav
Pav is an Indian bread which is very popular with many Indian street food . This recipe combines almost equal amount of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour which makes this bread little on a healthier side.
Yield :- 8 pav
- 1 and half cup of whole wheat flour
- 1-3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 2-1/4 tsp of active rise yeast
- 1-1/2 tsp of agave nectar or any sweetner
- 2 Tbsp of oil
- Little butter for brushing
1. Add yeast and agave nectar to warm water and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes. If if it bubbles up or form foam , then your yeast is active.
2. In a large bowl, mix both flours and milk and mix and knead it for about 2-3 minutes then add oil and again knead it for about 7-8 minutes until the dough is smooth.
3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it with damp towel or plastic wrap and let it rest in warm place for about 45-60 minutes or until it becomes double in size.
4. When the dough get double in size, punch it down and form 8 equal size balls and place them in oiled baking pan, press it down a little and let it rest again for about 40-60 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degree F and bake it for about 15 minutes. Take the pav out and brush it with butter and again bake it for about 5-8 minutes.
6. Pav is done.
- Serve warm with bhaji.