Chickpea avocado salad
Chickpea and avocado salad is a tasty combination of black chana (black chickpea), avocado, red bell pepper, corn, onion and cilantro. Eat as a salad or salsa, it works both ways. I have used black chickpea or kala chana in this recipe, but feel free to use any variety of chickpea or garbanzo beans available in your pantry. Black chickpeas are suppose to have higher fiber content than any other variety of chickpea.
This salad is a perfect dinner recipe when you are not in the mood to cook or when you want to keep it simple. It can be healthy evening or afternoon snack too. Although it can be a standalone salad recipe as it combines a nutritious punch of protein, carbs, several vitamins and minerals all together in a one bowl but you can also serve it with baked tortilla chips. Apart nutritious, chickpea and avocado salad is very filling too.
Yield: 3-4 servings
Ingredients for chickpea and avocado :-
- 1 Avocado diced
- Half of red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 of onion finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled black chana or chickpea
- 1/4 cup of cooked corn kernels
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of lemon or lime juice
- Handful of chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp of chaat masala(optional)
Method for chickpea and avocado salad :-
- Gently mix all the ingredients except avocado and salt in a bowl together.
- Refrigerate it, if you are not serving immediately. Before serving, add avocado and salt and give it a gentle toss.
- Chickpea and avocado salad is done.