This tomato raita is composed of sauteed tomatoes and chillies which is mixed with yogurt, cilantro and onions. A very simple raita recipe which goes really well with any pulao or parathas.
Yield :- 4 servings
Ingredients for tomato raita:-
- 2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 of medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of chopped cilantro
- 1 green chilly, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp of mustard and cumin seeds
- 1 cup of yogurt(low fat is fine)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of oil
Method for tomato raita:-
- Heat oil in a pan and crack the mustard and cumin seeds.
- Stir in the tomatoes with salt and put on the lid. Let it cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring in between until it becomes soft.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Whip the yogurt with salt and pepper. Then add onions, cilantro and lastly the cooked tomatoes and mix well.
- Tomato raita is done.
- Serve tomato raita with rice and dry sabji . It goes well with kanji(rice gruel) also.
- You can also serve tomato raita with vegetable masala pulao recipe or mint and basil rice recipe or aloo-dhaniya-paratha recipe
- You can add little sugar if the yogurt or tomatoes are sour.
Other yogurt based dish you might like :-
- Tomato moru curry
- Bhindi raita
- pineapple pachadi
- Carrot raita
- Apple raita
- Healthy potato salad with herbs
- Dahi chana chaat / Dahi chaat
- Mango pulissery / mambazha pulissery