Thai veggie and shrimp green curry
Vegetables and shrimp cooked together with green curry paste and coconut milk resulting in flavorful, fresh and light Thai green shrimp curry.
yield :- 4 servings
Ingredients for Thai green shrimp curry :-
To grind :-
- 1 cup of thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves with soft stem
- 1/4 cup of mint leaves
- 1 inch ginger/galangal
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 thai chillies/regular one(use less if you don't like spicy)
- 2 shallots/1/2 of small red onion
- 1 stalk of lemon grass/zest of 2 lime
- 2 kaffir lime leaves/2 Tbsp of lime juice
- 2 tsp of fish sauce/2-3 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
We will also need :-
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 lb of shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 14 oz of unsweetened coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Few basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp of oil
Method for Thai green shrimp curry :-
- Grind all the 12 ingredient together listed under "To grind" to a paste in a food processor. Add little water or coconut milk or olive oil to help blending, if necessary.
- Now add salt to the paste and check for the spice level. Add more chillies if you like super hot curry.
- In a wok, heat oil and add onion and cook until translucent. Then stir in zucchini and peppers for 1-2 mins.
- Pour ground paste and stir again for 1 or 2 mins. 5. Then pour coconut milk, salt and let it warm up over low-medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until it becomes pink and curls up.
- Lastly toss in the basil leaves and little more lemon juice.
Serves over hot white or brown rice or rice noodles.
If you are vegetarian skip shrimp and add more veggies like eggplant, mushroom, broccoli or green pepper.
Add chicken instead of shrimp if you like. All you have to do is just stir fry sliced chicken before adding in veggies.