Broccoli and white beans salad
Broccoli and white beans salad is a very healthy salad in which steamed broccoli is tossed with cooked cannellini(white) beans and dressed with lemon and cumin dressing. It's a meal in its own .
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for broccoli and beans salad :-
- 1 large broccoli
- 1 can(15oz) of cannellini beans or any white beans(about a cup)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 big garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of raisins or cranberry
- 2 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 or 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method for broccoli and beans salad
- Cut the broccoli florets from its stem. Then again cut the broccoi florets into about 1 inch pieces. Peel the rough skin of the broccoli stem and slice its stem into very thin round pieces.
- Steam broccoli florets and its stem until it is done.
- Drain the beans and rinse it with cold water to remove its preservatives and salt.
- In a bowl whisk well lemon juice, oil, chilly flakes, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, put together broccoli with its stem, onion, raisins and cannellini beans. Now pour the lemon dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss well.
- Broccoli and white beans salad is done.
Serve broccoli and beans salad with Italian herb bread or garlic bread.
If you are not a garlic lover, you can avoid it completely from this broccoli and beans salad.
Adjust red chilly flakes in the salad dressing according to your taste.