Roasted cauliflower and chickpeas
Roasted cauliflower and chickpeas is an easy and yummy recipe in which cauliflower and chickpeas are coated with Indian spices and roasted until golden brown. The flavor of Indian spices including curry powder, cumin powder, red chilly and turmeric with lemon juice and zest makes it so good that you cannot resist it. The lemon zest just bump up the flavor of curry powder. It goes perfectly with grilled chicken or fish but for me I can just eat it as it is.
If you have never tried roasted chickpea before, you are missing out. Chickpeas coated with curry powder, when roasted becomes kind of crispy but still meaty at the center.
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for roasted cauliflower and chickpeas :-
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bite size florets, washed and patted dried
- 1 can of chickpea, rinsed, drained and dried well
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1.5 to 2 tsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- Red chilly powder to taste
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of 1/2 of lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp of oil
Method for roasted cauliflower and chickpeas :-
- Preheat oven to 425 F and spray oil on a baking tray large enough to place all the cauliflower or you can use two baking trays.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, curry powder, red chilly, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper together.
- Now add chickpeas and cauliflower and mix well together.
- Spread the spiced cauliflower and chickpeas on the prepared baking tray and cook for 40 minutes.
Serve roasted cauliflower and chickpea as a healthy appetizer or size dish with rice and lentils or with grilled chicken or fish.