lasun chutney / garlic chutney
Lasun chutney is a spicy, smoky and tart chutney with flavours of toasted coriander and cumin seeds. Though it's made from garlic and dry red chillies but it dostn't have pungent taste of garlic at all. Garlic (lasun) , dry red chillies and tomatoes are roasted in sesame oil with cumin and coriander seeds and then grind into smooth chutney. Lasun chutney tastes really good with parathas, dosas or even pakoras.
This lasun or garlic chutney is a must try chutney recipe .
Yield :- serves 4-6
Ingredients for lasun chutney :-
- 2 heads of garlic, peeled and halfed
- 6 dry red chillies or to taste
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of coriander seeds
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp of sesame oil
Method for lasun chutney:-
1. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and coriander and saute for 30 secs.
2. Now add garlic and red chillies and saute for 1 minutes.
3. Then add tomatoes, salt and let it cook for 5 minutes.
4. Switch off the heat and let it cool down a bit, then grind it together with lemon juice to a smooth paste. Lasun chutney is done.
- Serve lasun chutney with dal dosa or paratha or pakora
Try other chutney recipes too :-